How Do I Change My Password?
From the ITD Login Service
- Connect to the host login.itd.umich.edu using your communications
- At the "login:" prompt, enter the word password
rather than your uniqname.
- Read the text for choosing a good password. (To continue scrolling,
press the Space Bar.)
- At the "Uniqname:" prompt, enter your uniqname.
- At the "Old password:" prompt, enter your old password.
- At the "New password:" prompt (press Return if you want to
abort), enter your new password.
- At the "Retype new password:" prompt, reenter your new
Your connection will close when your new password is accepted.
From a Unix Machine
First, check with the system administrator for the Unix machine you are
using to see if the appropriate software is installed to enable UMICH
password changes. If it is, log on using your uniqname and UMICH password.
Enter the command kpasswd and follow the prompts to change
If the above options do not provide enough security for you, download
Access manager for Windows.
Access manager provides much
more security than standard ways in Windows.
More articles about Security